SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Real Estate and Finance Major
REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
Appraisal Institute: 1A1: Real Estate Principles; 1A2: Basic Valuation Procedures; 1BA: Capitalization Theory and Techniques, Part A; 1BB: Capitalization Theory and Techniques, Part B; 2-1: Case Studies in Real Estate Valuation; 2-2: Report Writing and Valuation Analysis; Standards of Professional Practice; Business Practice and Ethics; numerous seminars and elective courses through Appraisal Institute since 1981 along with both Dallas and Collin County Board of Realtors since 1983.
Ms. Poe has been actively involved in the appraisal of real estate since 1981 and appraised a wide variety of property types, including retail centers, regional shopping malls, industrial, office, condominium development, subdivision development, and multi-family projects. Notable special use properties include car wash facilities, ice skating rink, hotel developments, special use manufacturing facilities, and senior living facilities. Appraisal assignments have been utilized for mortgage underwriting, feasibility analysis, and foreclosure/REO decisions for financial institutions.
Ms. Poe has performed appraisals across the US and has wide geographic experience with primary focus in the southwest and southeast markets. National appraisal assignments have been conducted in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Missouri, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida.
Since 1992, Ms. Poe has primarily focused on appraisal reviews for financial institutions. Reviews have been conducted for national, regional and community banks. Appraisal reviews, at times, required extensive communication with lending staff and credit officers and provided good insight into the varying underwriting needs of financial institutions.
Ms. Poe has been employed as “chief appraiser” for two financial institutions with most recent experience as the Appraisal Manager for a community bank from 2003 to 2013. Primary management responsibilities included establishing and monitoring appraisal policy, appraisal compliance issues, appraiser panel management, appraisal engagement, appraisal review, participation in lending committees, litigation resource, appraisal/real estate education resource, market studies, and internal resource for audits and regulatory examinations.
Experience specific to financial institutions includes:
- Twenty plus years of federally-regulated institutional Appraisal Review experience
- Created and managed appraisal departments for regional bank and community bank
- Developed appraisal bid/order/engagement process and established/monitored appraiser panel
- Established appraisal policies and stayed abreast of current regulatory guidelines
- Monitored loan portfolio for appraisal regulatory compliance
- Broad familiarity with valuation of commercial and residential property types for lending purposes
- Geographic experience across the US with Wells Fargo, Republic Bank Dallas (now part of Bank of
America), Mercantile/MBank (now part of JP Morgan Chase) and Guaranty Bank (now part of BBVA Compass)
- Worked extensively with lending staffs to aid in underwriting decisions
- Met with bank auditors and examiners to discuss appraisal issues on behalf of financial institutions
- Worked with Special Asset departments to mitigate appraisal issues
- Advised bank legal counsel in litigation proceedings regarding real estate and appraisal issues
- Provided real estate and appraisal seminars for senior management, lending staff and loan administration
PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Designated Member of Appraisal Institute (earned MAI designation in 1990); earned AI-GRS designation in 2015
- Appraisal Institute, North Texas Chapter service: Ethics and Counseling Panel; Experience Review Committee; Regional Alternative Representative; Board of Directors for North Texas Chapter
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser TX-1322576-G
- Texas Real Estate Broker, No. 0289886
- Member, Collin County Association of Realtors